Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

do i need to see a neurologist

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 24, 2007
  • 01:20 AM

i had a car crash 7 years ago since then i have had severe lower back pain buttock knees calf and foot pain to a lesser degree. mri showed small disk out in l5 region with some boney spurs. doctor doesent seem to think this is the problem.but doesent know whats causing pain. i think i need to see a neuroligest but he disagrees. any thoughts?im in a great deel of pain and would be very gratefull for any advice.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • actually you should probably see an Orthpaedic Surgeon. They may refer you to physical therapy and/or surgical interventions if necessary. If you have a health plan that does not require a referral than just go ahead and make an appointment with an Ortho in your area.GOOD LUCK- keep me posted with your progress.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes, or an orthopedist.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?