I 'believe' I have this debilitating syndrome(high ACTH). But is it something else? I have been to many clinical doctors but not an endo... they all just prescribe pills and treat me as a lab rat while going no where. Some of the symptoms I have are:
· High BP(When consuming Magnesium, this stabilizes);
· Hyperpigmentation from the neck up to my face, in my joints(knuckles, knees, elbows), armpits, private areas but I am never in the sun and I have brown skin and I should note that these symptoms started before puberty;
· A relatively small hump(bone but I read in Cushings it is fat hump) below the neck which I always figured was me not walking straight;
· I do have weight gathered around my upper body but my arms and legs are relatively thin in terms of fat... I have small frame, I am a male, 22yrs of age, 210lbs and my height is 6feet... so you can say I am a bit obese;
· I have no problem concerning libido;
· I also have stretch marks in my biceps, right below my shoulders, on the sides of my abdomen and their color is lighter than my skin much like a scar... I figured I had this stretch marks because I tried to put on some muscle unsuccessfully during my mid teens and never paid attention to it(But in Cushings stretch marks are purple?);
· I also started male pattern baldness early(17) and tend to have hairy chest;
· My gums right below my teeth seems to be a bit darker when compared to the section right below which is very ripe red;
· I have oily skin and sweaty palms; I also have acne in my chest, back, and face.
· Yes, the environment I was raised in was extremely stressful from the day I was born, literally!
I have yet to attain an ACTH test/see an endocrinologist but I want to hear my options first seeing as I have no health insurance. If you can differentiate these symptoms as possible side-effects of Cushings Syndrome or a high level of ACTH/cortisol or something more ensnaring, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?