My 5 year old son has been displaying some behaviors/symptoms over the past couple of months and my family commented on a few over our holiday break. Could it be diabetes? Any information would greatly help! I am taking him to the doctor to check, but am wondering if I'm way off base with my thoughts. His symptoms are:
1. Excessive Thirst (he is constantly requesting drinks - which family members commented about - and has been for a couple of months) and Urination, obviously.
2. Behavioral Challenges (can't seem to control some of his respect issues, easily frustrated, etc.)
3. Red, Burning Eyes (which has increased over the past week - but doesn't look like pink-eye he's had in the past - constantly rubbing and wondering if the rubbing is causing the irritation)
4. Not night-time urination trained - his fraternal twin brother has been for about 6 months, but he is not.
5. Night terrors and sweats
6. Extreme cravings for sugary/sweet foods
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?