My 5 year old son has been displaying some behaviors/symptoms over the past couple of months and my family commented on a few over our holiday break. Could it be diabetes? Any information would greatly help! I am taking him to the doctor to check, but am wondering if I'm way off base with my thoughts. His symptoms are:
1. Excessive Thirst (he is constantly requesting drinks - which family members commented about - and has been for a couple of months) and Urination, obviously.
2. Behavioral Challenges (can't seem to control some of his respect issues, easily frustrated, etc.)
3. Red, Burning Eyes (which has increased over the past week - but doesn't look like pink-eye he's had in the past - constantly rubbing and wondering if the rubbing is causing the irritation)
4. Not night-time urination trained - his fraternal twin brother has been for about 6 months, but he is not.
5. Night terrors and sweats
6. Extreme cravings for sugary/sweet foods
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!