I posted a long thread a few weeks ago, but I'll try another approach; to NOT give way too much info. I simply can't make it short though, there's too much to tell.
Male, 21 years. Severe problems (completely disabling) since 6-7 months, but big problems 6-7 months before that (dropped out of school etc).
Main symptom: Dizziness. More specifically, I can't tolerate any kind of motion - going outside (or walking at home), TV, web browser scrolling, reading a paper that's in my hands (since my hands aren't perfectly still); I even get nauseous when somebody *else* reads a paper that way in my field of view. EXTREMELY disabling to say the least.
I have no vertigo (spinning), but the motion sickness feeling is 24/7, every single second of the last half year. It's getting to the point where I have trouble eating (doing the dishes and cooking has been hard for 4-5 months though). Also quite noticeable when chewing (food or gum) and reading at the same time. I'm closing in on being bedridden rather than housebound.
Other symptoms, there are many...
* Cold (0.4-0.5C lower body temp than a few months ago), freezing (esp. after eating), CONSTANTLY cold feet, mostly always cold hands; runny nose (also esp. after eating)
* Tired like you wouldn't believe. My parents are getting *****d because I don't do anything, especially mom seems to have problems accepting that I'm NOT just being lazy and mean :( Trouble getting out of bed in the morning. I never feel relaxed despite sleeping more than enough.
* Never feel relaxed; semi-high resting pulse (70-85); feeling shaky/anxious pretty much 100% of the time
* Often feel hunger, or nausea when I need to eat; can feel "hungry" but not wanting to eat less than an hour after a meal
* Loads of anxiety, but I've had that for a long time, way before anything else started to make problems. It's even worse now though, obviously.
* Slight headache + nausea most of the time, it's not really "ache" but it's really annoying, the nausea part is worse. The motion sensitivity grows much worse when I'm feeling this.
* Severe headaches now and then (once a month?), where I go to bed earlier than usual.
* Really chapped lips, every day; acid reflux-like feeling in my throat at times; sensitive to loud sounds (forks hitting plates etc); I sometimes, randomly, get a loud 'beep' in my right ear that fades away within 30 seconds; constant tinnitus too, though that's only noticeable when in a quiet room; dark rings under my eyes; feelings of hypoglycemia at times (haven't confirmed with a reading); startle easily; neck pain and some other stuff.
Some short info:
On Fluoxetine ("Prozac") and Remeron (Mirtazapine) for the anxiety, it's not helping much though. The worst part started about the same time I started on Lexapro in May, but I've switched that to prozac long ago now with no positive change.
Possibly (slightly) hypothyroid: TSH is increasing (3.77 now); FT4 decreasing (from over-the-range 18.4, now 14.5; range 9-18), a bit low but normal TT3 in October (1.42; 0.9-2.5). Loads of other tests taken and I'm happy to post numbers.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to what I should do next. I feel completely helpless and just can't stand waiting - nothing is getting better, on the contrary!
Any kind of tips are welcome - what it might be, what I can do, what I should ask/tell docs... Anything!
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?