I posted a long thread a few weeks ago, but I'll try another approach; to NOT give way too much info. I simply can't make it short though, there's too much to tell.
Male, 21 years. Severe problems (completely disabling) since 6-7 months, but big problems 6-7 months before that (dropped out of school etc).
Main symptom: Dizziness. More specifically, I can't tolerate any kind of motion - going outside (or walking at home), TV, web browser scrolling, reading a paper that's in my hands (since my hands aren't perfectly still); I even get nauseous when somebody *else* reads a paper that way in my field of view. EXTREMELY disabling to say the least.
I have no vertigo (spinning), but the motion sickness feeling is 24/7, every single second of the last half year. It's getting to the point where I have trouble eating (doing the dishes and cooking has been hard for 4-5 months though). Also quite noticeable when chewing (food or gum) and reading at the same time. I'm closing in on being bedridden rather than housebound.
Other symptoms, there are many...
* Cold (0.4-0.5C lower body temp than a few months ago), freezing (esp. after eating), CONSTANTLY cold feet, mostly always cold hands; runny nose (also esp. after eating)
* Tired like you wouldn't believe. My parents are getting *****d because I don't do anything, especially mom seems to have problems accepting that I'm NOT just being lazy and mean :( Trouble getting out of bed in the morning. I never feel relaxed despite sleeping more than enough.
* Never feel relaxed; semi-high resting pulse (70-85); feeling shaky/anxious pretty much 100% of the time
* Often feel hunger, or nausea when I need to eat; can feel "hungry" but not wanting to eat less than an hour after a meal
* Loads of anxiety, but I've had that for a long time, way before anything else started to make problems. It's even worse now though, obviously.
* Slight headache + nausea most of the time, it's not really "ache" but it's really annoying, the nausea part is worse. The motion sensitivity grows much worse when I'm feeling this.
* Severe headaches now and then (once a month?), where I go to bed earlier than usual.
* Really chapped lips, every day; acid reflux-like feeling in my throat at times; sensitive to loud sounds (forks hitting plates etc); I sometimes, randomly, get a loud 'beep' in my right ear that fades away within 30 seconds; constant tinnitus too, though that's only noticeable when in a quiet room; dark rings under my eyes; feelings of hypoglycemia at times (haven't confirmed with a reading); startle easily; neck pain and some other stuff.
Some short info:
On Fluoxetine ("Prozac") and Remeron (Mirtazapine) for the anxiety, it's not helping much though. The worst part started about the same time I started on Lexapro in May, but I've switched that to prozac long ago now with no positive change.
Possibly (slightly) hypothyroid: TSH is increasing (3.77 now); FT4 decreasing (from over-the-range 18.4, now 14.5; range 9-18), a bit low but normal TT3 in October (1.42; 0.9-2.5). Loads of other tests taken and I'm happy to post numbers.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to what I should do next. I feel completely helpless and just can't stand waiting - nothing is getting better, on the contrary!
Any kind of tips are welcome - what it might be, what I can do, what I should ask/tell docs... Anything!
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?