I am more than a little frustrated and I need some help. I have been treated by my doctors for over 6 months now for (what they believe is) shin splints. Leet me first list my symptoms and then I will continue:
1. Burning/Aching Feeling in both of my lower legs (Shin Area)
2. I have swelling in both of my lower legs
3. Tingling sensations throughout the lower legs (numbness)
4. I have a lump on my right lower leg that pops out when I try to run or walk for an extended period of time or distance
5. When I run or walk at a fast pace, my feet slap on the ground very loudly.
6. When I run or walk it literally feels like my legs are going to burst, the pressure makes them feel so tight
Now I will tell you that I am in the military and I have been seen my the medical staff for over 6 months. I have been told to not run during our exercise periods, nor should I be walking for more than 10 mins. This has been the case for about 5 months. I have had an MRI done, X-Rays and a limited bone scan. All of these were negative for fractures, although the bone scan showed what they felt was shin splints, the MRI which was done a few days ago now says that I don't even have shin splints.
I raised the question of Chronic Compartment Syndrome to my doctor today and I got a strange look on her face followed by a jar dropping.."What is that?", from her. Now I have researched CCS and see that my sypmtoms match CS exactly, but I understand that I need to have a pressure test done to be sure. Is there another possible diagnosis or am I crazy. I have heard that because I am having this tingling sensation that should immediately rule out Shin Splints as a diagnosis, being that shin splints does not involve nerves (the timgling feeling).
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?