Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Sistapril
  • September 4, 2011
  • 08:36 PM

I live on Long Island, NY and I am wondering if anyone knows an immune specialist near me who treats chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis. Both of my children have seen a pediatric immunologist who has performed multiple laboratory tests and has confirmed that my children have almost no immune response to candida in vivo or in vitro (both DTH skin ***** test and progressive candida challenge blood test).
The doctors who have diagnosed the kids do not treat this condition. I have read that some immunologists have had success with antifungal drug therapy followed up by transfer factor injection treatment to reverse this condition.
Has anyone heard of a doctor in NY that does this? Or at least a chronic candidiasis doctor who is in the allopathic medicine community (we already see a wonderful naturopath who is helping - but not curing the problem).

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?