Hi all. I'm 28/m. I've been having several symptoms lately (past few months/last few years) that are getting really noticeable and are starting to hamper my everyday routine. Coming in "attacks"/waves (one or two a day, each lasting a couple hours) leaving me rather "weak at the knees", whether physically or just through worry, which I find myself doing about them quite often. It's usually either one or the other:
- Chest pain (twinges that are occasional but are felt).
- Upper left arm pain (twinges, sharp in the shoulder, slight in middle arm).
- High pulse rate (100-110 resting).
- Slight nausea (and sometimes slight but felt coming up of vomit).
- Constricted throat (on both sides at the spots where pulse is taken. both feel constricting and cause me to clear my throat / "rattle" my breath a bit. Eases gradually upon burping up air. This is the most felt symptom.
- Shortness of breath. Eases gradually upon burping up air.
2. Head pressure
- Thick continuous pressure, mostly on right side of the head, occasionally on the left too at the same time.
- Slightlly muffled ears (more felt on the right ear).
- It started as thick pressure above the right ear, sort of a belt surrounding the head on the right and occasionally on the left.
- Also - there's a continuous slight "tickling" sort of pressure at the front upper part of the head above the forehead (this is very felt), constant when it occurs.
It's usually either number 1 or number 2, not both at the same time.
I took a battery of tests a while back, including heart and chest checkups of several kinds. Nothing much unusual was found. No head check though.
Seems like this could most probably be some kind of anxiety attack disorder (I lead a bit of a stressful routine and some of it could have caught up with me), since it's apparently coming and going in waves. Or maybe just a case of heartburn magnified by my neurotic tendencies to worry about such things, I dunno. Point is, I'd just love some feedback and/or ideas on what it could be, since it's hurting my lifestyle and ability to lead my everyday routine.