My grandson is 14 years old. He and his brother came to live with us (grandparents) 6.5 years ago. They were severly abused and neglected. There has been numerous problems with both. Now that behavior issues are not a problem anymore, I have begun to see other problems. He is diagnosed with Add, and depression. He takes 20mg of lexapro and 60mg of vyvanse. The dr seem to think that it is ADD but, since he as been on the vyvanse I have not seen a change at all.
I am going to list some of the things that has happened and hope that someone can help me.
1. His school bus broke down in from of my house. He got off the bus and so did everyone else. He just kept walking and didn't have a clue that anyone else got off the bus with him.
2. He got lost in the mall (small strip mall) we were standing in the doorway of a store and he walked past us 4 times and never saw us.
3. He is failing algerba so I signed him up for tutoring. He went once and didn't go back because he said I only told him to go once. I told him Tu/Th each week.
4. It's homecoming week at school, he a freshman. After the game I questioned him why he was in the car and not at the dance? He told me that he didn't know that they were having a dance. That he never heard anyone talking about a dance.
5. He has 2 speeds slow and stop. It's almost like he is just floating along.
6. He has no since of belonging. He told me that he didn't think he belonged to anyone because he didn't live with his parents.
7. Just yesterday I was going to help him review for a chaper test in history. I read directly off the review sheet. He told me that he had never heard of any of what I was reading. He said that they didn't go over that because the teacher had just given it to them that day. So I explained that they should have been learning this chapter for at least a week. He honestly had no clue. So I flipped throught the notebook and found something that he had written that day. He couldn't even answer that question. He said he didn't know any of that stuff. So I asked him why was he going to school and he started to cry and told me that he didn't know.
8. He is in the marching band and does ok. He can txt on his phone, he very talkative in school.
9. I am afraid that he is going to get lost in his school because of the size so I told him to walk with a friend to each class just so he wouldn't get lost.
This is really breaking my heart. I have done everything that I know to do. I know that I don't have the answers so I have sought professional help and at this point they don't seem to know what the problem. Has anyone seem anything like this. Can someone please help me.:confused:
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?