Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

can anyone help?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 17, 2008
  • 08:56 PM

My "illness" started about 16 mnths ago. I woke up one morning after feeling fine the day before and I felt totally stoned. I felt like I was on a bouncy castle and felt really ill. Over the next few days I got worse, stomach cramps, loss of balance, nausea, left leg numb from the knee down and was just disoriented. i was sent to hospital, had mri of whole spine, ct scan etc and everything was fine. Was hospitalised again a month later, checked for ms, brain tumour etc. 16 months on I am awaiting more tests and still don't have a diagnosis. I was told it was a viral infection which would go away eventually. I do feel much better as the "stoned" feeling went away about a year ago but my balance is pretty bad some days and can be embarassing as I feel people might think I've been drinking. I suffer from fatigue, a bad weakness which seems to start in my voice(my voice range seems to have changed also). I'm still losing weight and my right eye turns out when tired and I get painful left hand and leg. Do any of these symptoms mean anything to anyone? I also went to have stomach cramps checked recently and I had helicobater pylori in my stomach which doesn't seem to be connected to anything else. That has been treated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • I was told it was a viral infection which would go away eventually.That's a quite typical thing people who actually have chronic fatigue immunity dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS) also called chronic fatigue syndrome are told. Your symptoms could indicate this (CFIDS can cause all kinds of symptoms). 95% of doctors dont know much about CFIDS and studies have shown that 10% of CFIDS patients are sick and undiagnosed. anyway.. i suggest you check out http://wwcoco.com/cfids/bernesx.html (if you do have CFIDS..seeing your symptoms have gotten better, you may be one of the lucky ones who recovers from it fully within 2-3 yrs). (best to go and see a doctor or specialist who specialises in CFIDS to see if you may have this..as as i said..most doctors are completely naive when it comes to this medical issue).
    taniaaust1 2267 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.