Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Breast problems PLEASE HELP

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Tamalaska
  • April 25, 2008
  • 05:04 PM

I am a 40 year old with numerous problems. In February, I had a mamo. The hospital called me and said I needed some more pictures... they found three lumps in my left breast. I started getting spontaneous discharge from this breast about a year ago. I went in and had more tests, and an ultrasound. The Doctor said that they think they are just cysts and nothing more is needed. I just need to be rechecked in 6 months. About two weeks ago I developed dimples in that same breast. I also have a little red spot that has been there for about 3 years. ( I just thought it may be skin cancer or something, I have shown more then one doctor but non were ever concerned). When I was lying down the other night, my left breast just disappeared. It looked like I had one breast. This only happens when I am lying down. About a week ago my right breast developed dimples. I do have an appointment in a bigger town to see the specialist in about 2 weeks. I have not had much success with doctors and I am very concerned that they will just say this too is nothing and send me on my way. I got a feeling this isn't just nothing.... Does anyone have any suggestions, or ideas. I would like to arm myself with a little bit of info before I go to the doctors. I feel they should have biopsied the lumps when they found them. I am not comfortable waiting like we have.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

  • I think you should be very persistent. Dimples are something I have always heard are a concern along with breast discharge. Do you have a teaching hospital nearby or a clinic that specializes in breast care?Here is a link which somewhat describes what you are experiencing. Also note the link to inflammatory breast cancer. Because of the changes you are experiencing, if your doctors are not investigating, then they are worthless and you need to move on to someone who will investigate. That's my two cents. You must be persistent as the healthcare system is broken! :(
    Beth56 272 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think you need to get it biopsied; you need a surgeon to do it.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Are you taking any medications, hormones or supplements? Many of these would cause both breast lumps and discharge.Here is a list of drugs and substances that could cause breast lumps:# Aldactone# Aldomet (alphamethyldopa)# Beta blockers# Chlorpromazine# Digitalis# Dimetriose# Etonogestrel# Gestrinone# Ginseng# Implanon If medications and other substances can't be related to your problem, I would suggest you tried to get a referral to a breast surgeon and see what s/he may have to say/do.
    KnowSUMthings 153 Replies
    • January 18, 2009
    • 10:52 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • I agree with Beth56.
    richard wayne2b 1232 Replies
    • January 19, 2009
    • 03:18 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.