This is all very complicated to describe so I'll do it as a list of symptoms. I accept it could be more than one condition.
- in the feel the pain is around the heels. It's often worse last thing at night. Sometimes wake up with the pain. Can hardly walk and climbing stairs is difficult. This has lasted about 8 months as have all the other symptoms unless I specify otherwise.
- Back of legs are always very tired, sleep rarely helps.
++ sometimes the pain breaks for a few hours of a few days although I feel otherwise tired.
- Very stiff fingers, typing becomes uncomfortable
- Numbness in both arms
- Sore back and shoulders
- Stiff neck, difficult turning head
- Recurring headache at base of skull at the back of the head
- Recurring sharp pain just under left rib (suspect might not be related as I had keyhole surgery in that region a few year ago).
- Any physical activity makes me feel very ill.
- Blood pressure measurements:
* 20 May: 180/120 (no meds)
* 25 May: 154/105 (after taking Atenolol 50mg/Nifedipine 20mg capsules once a day)
* 30 May: 164/106 ("")
- Height: 180cm, Weight: 144.5kg, BMI: 44.8
- Thirsty all the time, eased by drinking 4-5 litres/day of water or herbal teas
- Urinating all the time, probably due to drinking so much water/tea
- Short term memory and concentration reduced (had to withdraw from PhD programme last year due to health issues)
I've considered fibromyalgia however I don't have the sore points under pressure, or at least haven't noticed. Weight loss is near impossible due to not being able to exercise. I've previously tested clear for diabetes although haven't tested for a while. Consider ME/CFS as being a factor.
Could the high BP be causing the pain?
Other meds I'm taking:
- Deanxit (I don't feel very stressed but the doc told me to take)
- Panadol Extra (2 in morning only)
Overall feeling very frustrated. The illness is making me stressed rather than the other way around.