Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Back issues affects brain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: agapetos
  • April 1, 2009
  • 03:51 PM

Hi All,
I have been battling some strange symptoms for 5 years now and it has been extremely difficult especially not knowing what this is. I have seen a chiropractor for 4 years and stopped because the snapping of my body made it worse. Not doubt my legaments are overstrechtes and the harsh adjustments made it worse.

Here is what happens: I bend over, hear a pop somewhere along the spine and I within seconds feel tightning on my chest, headaches, numbness on bottomlip, fatiqued, and pain in the base of my skull. My vision gets blurry and I sometimes shakea bit. I also get a lot of emotional reactions but mostly sadness and anger. These emotions does not come from stress over the condition.....I have worked quite a bit with myself on these matters and it seems like they ONLY appear exactly a few seconds after my spine goes out. When my spine is not out I feel joyful and energized.

It does NOT matter where my spine goes out, neck low or mid back all have the same reaction. If a lay in bed in the morning and I twist my body to reach for a glass of water and my sacrum pops....same thing, a strong reaction goes through my body. I also get ringing in my ears and it seems like I have a reaction in my sympathetic nerveuos system as a sense of fight or flight comes over me.

I do not have money for any major scans and I am not insured.

My friend who is a chiropractor mentioned that some times there is
a condition where a "sleeve" around the spine or something is torqued and can create this reaction.

Again, even laying down in bed with no pressure on my spine...if my low back pops it takes about 1 to 2 seconds before the reaction occours in my head....I am willing to do anything to get this corrected, thanks in advance,

Michael Madsen, 39 years if that matters.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Michael, if you're willing to do anything, please spend a little money on yourself and go and see a doctor.
    aquila 1263 Replies Flag this Response
  • Find out if you live anywhere near a community or teaching hospital. They should be able to treat you for low cost or free if you are unable to pay. If you are anywhere near a teaching hospital, that is, a hospital that has medical residents they are often community hospitals. You can talk to someone first in admissions or billing about working something out. Because teaching hospitals have medical residents, they have teams who work together and might work collaboratively on your case. Medical residents are licensed doctors, but they have to complete a certain number of hours of hospital work under supervision before they can function as doctors independently. This is often a way for people to get good quality medical care with the latest medical knowledge for a lower price or free. I know this because I know medical residents working at community teaching hospitals in major cities. They treat people all the time who cannot pay.
    learnedthehardway 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.