I have what I think is slight swelling in my axillary armpit lymph node on left side. It is the "muscle area" outside and above my actual armpit. Sorry this is so long. My other sympoms and info:
1. 50 year old male
2. Had regular 6 month check up on April 28. Bloodwork good.
3. Have taken Tricor for about 6 years and synthroid for 6 years. Last TSH reading was 3.3. Have experienced sore tired muscles from Tricor but Dr says bloodwork shows good.
4. 12 year history of itchy and rashy skin. During that 12 year period my skin will feel inflamed. Zyrtec helps a lot.
5. Took Levaquin after gallbalder surgery last September. Did not seem to have any side effects at the time.
6. In November starting getting a major plugged ear feeling. Took antibiotics, nasonex, and afrin. Helped some but still an issue.
7. Have noticed for past 4 months or so that the left side of my neck gets a little stiff and pops a lot when I turn my head. Also, seems like my plugged ear feels better when my neck feels better.
8. Was feeling really good at my April 28 Dr visit. It was one week later on May 5 that I had a pain in muscle area between shoulder blade and the muscle/lymph area that is now inflamed. It was a small tissue type area that hurt and was slightly raised. I took advil and massaged the area. The pain stopped and by the next day the area seemed normal. When feeling to make sure that raised area was normal again(and it was) that is when I noticed the swollen axillary armpit lymph node. The area is not really sore although it does hurt when I close my arm only in certain positions. At the same time I experienced sore hands and feet. Hands and feet felt just really tender and sore for about 7-10 days but much better now. Again more on left side. I will also mention that about 3 weeks ago I had what looked like 3 huge 6 inch long scrathes or raised rashy areas on my left arm (same side as other symptoms). Again my skin seems to get rashes really easily for past 12 yeras or so and I thought nothing of it. I mention this beacuse someone told me the bad scratch/rash could be causing the inflamed areas. Also, for past few years my left arm seems to almost always go to sleep during the night. I am talking rally bad and most nights.
My wife thinks I should not be concerned as I have had tender areas, muscle pain sensitivity issues, rashes, etc for several years. I am concerned thinking if what I have is swollen lymph node could be cancer! I am also concerned that I could be having problems with Tricor or fibromyalgia, lupus, etc. Trying to get apt Dr but looks like will be awhile. I actually feel really good but I am worried.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?