I have a few seperate problems, each have been treated individually, but i want to know if there is a link between them, so i could just solve one problem...
Im female, 24 years old, and my bmi is 27. i am fit and otherwise healthy (not that you would think so to read this!)
I suffer from......
1. heavy, painful periods - i was put on the pill to help with this and my severe teenage acne, however i have recently stopped the pill and now remember how bad they were
2. migraines - debilitating and untreatable once they get hold. i can sometimes prevent them but once they take hold i have to ride them out. i am nearly always sick with a migraine and often pass out
3. fainting/fits - not just when i get a migraine. sometimes i fit, sometimes i just pass out. i've never been unconcious more than about 5 mins. i know that i am going to faint as i do it, but cannot stop it. this has been investigated and i was told my eeg was slightly abnormal and that it was probably mild epilepsy, but that as it was infrequent, theres no point putting me on any medication. my gp has told me not to worry about it as "young ladies are allowed to faint"
4. psoriasis - i have severe psoriasis on my scalp continously, and it comes and goes in patches elsewhere on my body, usually on my feet, ankles or lower arms. i have steriod cream that helps when i use it (doesnt make it go away completely though) but as soon as i stop it flares up again
5. joint pain - i have a bad knee and a bad shoulder. no idea what causes either. my back is also sore quite often but i think that may be from work?
6. depression - i am ok now, but have had bouts of depression on and off since i was a teenager
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appriciated!
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?