Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

accidental overdose on zinc

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: dengirl
  • October 30, 2009
  • 11:37 AM

I woke up this morning with a headache and grabbed what I thought was my tylenol and took 3 50 mg zincs...I am very worried now.Can anyone tell me if i should go to the hospital ? it was been about an hr now. The pills are probably now disolving and absorbing :( :(

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • I woke up this morning with a headache and grabbed what I thought was my tylenol and took 3 50 mg zincs...I am very worried now.Can anyone tell me if i should go to the hospital ? it was been about an hr now. The pills are probably now disolving and absorbing :( :(No need to worry, It's really hard to be poissoned by zinc. If you are really worried, you should eat something with high iron level "Good sources of dietary iron include red meat, fish, poultry, lentils, beans, leaf vegetables, tofu, chickpeas, black-eyed peas, fortified bread, and fortified breakfast cereals. " wikipedia.Cheers.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • November 8, 2009
    • 11:50 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.