Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

A female urination problem

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Tarwenamin
  • April 8, 2008
  • 06:31 PM

I don't know how long this has been going on for to be honest, for I have a lousy memory and it's something that has grown more frequent over time. I recall that I've had it as far back as a few years ago but it was rather rare then. Now I can have it 2-3 times a week which may not seem like much (which is partly why I haven't gone to a doctors yet, especially as I am in the middle of finding a doctor that isn't truely incompetent and senile and am waiting to join a new surgery!) Anyway, here goes!

I find it extremely hard to pass urine sometimes when I go to the toilet. It's not all the time and I know it's there because I can feel it and if I sit there for a while and try to urinate by flexing the muscle or something down there it comes out in a really slow flow. I'm not in any pain at all but I'm wondering if it's any cause for concern. I've been on tramadol (600mg p/d) since september for a broken back and I've been on the contraceptive injection since january. I'm 19 years of age and besides the broken back aching which prevents extensive exercise, I still get about and am not disabled in any way.

I've looked online but all of the websites are about prostate problems and I'm pretty sure that's not my problem :p So if anyone can give me some ideas so that I might have a better idea of what I'm dealing with I'd be grateful!


Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

  • Uterine fibroids could be a cause.
    Beth56 272 Replies Flag this Response
  • Medications can cause this. Especially pain meds. Check out www.ic-network.com It has alot about bladder symptoms. Someone there might help.
    rose_thorn98 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had this problem since before I began this pain medication. I don't believe myself to have any kind of EHS but it is always something that can be looked into I suppose. I guess I will just have to hope that my new GP is competent and able to find out what's going on! I'll let you know if I find anything out.
    Tarwenamin 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • Since you are only 19, it should not be difficult to find a solution. However, it must be seen by a (prefarably female) doctor who might conduct some tests, blood tests and maybe give you good advise. It doesn't sound like a major thing by how you have described it. Good luck!
    Lasantha 8 Replies Flag this Response
  • They do something called a "dialation" when the opening is too small. It's hard to say without an exam and blood work, but you might want to get liver and kidney tests, too...your meds are maybe affecting the situation.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.