My 22 month old daughter went to the ER 2 weeks ago screaming for 2 1/2 hours;
- painful hands and feet (she even ripped the lid off her cup of water and jammed her hand in several times - which,in turn, seemed to hurt even worse)
- holding her head screamin 'ow, ow'
- Fever 103 which she had for the previous 10 days - only lowered by Motrin
- Slight Rash on hands and feet
- Large lymph nodes in her neck (also noticed when the fever came on 10 days previous)
- This one's strange: She kept involuntarily puckering her lips in an exagerrated way. Like you would pretend you are a fish with a little baby or a toddler.
- Seems distant, "spacey", or hard to distract during these episodes
To see all this together is quite disturbing for mom as you can imagine.
She had been on Augmentin and Antibiotic ear drops. They suspected Kawasaki's and sent us to a Children's hospital that basically ruled out Kawasaki's. So they suspected Augmentin allergy and discontinued use.
Problem...2 weeks later and she still has several episodes a day of grabbing hands and feet in apparent pain and still puckers her lips and has other involuntary mouth movements. She is otherwise healthy with no previous major sicknesses or surgeries - other than ear tubes at 7 mths. Any thoughts?
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?