We have a little girl who is 1 year old. In and out of hospital for the past year. Her story:
- Born 2 months prematurely.
- Mother had too much water in her uterus during pregnancy.
- Cries a lot.
- When newborn they had to stimulate her rectum in order to get her stools out. The pressure was very strong and gas/stool exploded out of her.
- Problems getting rid of stools all her life, often she pushes for hours and are in so much pain before something comes out.
- Most often very dry/hard stools- in between loose stools.
- In and out of hospital. Findings:
* X-ray showed that the lower part of her colum and rectum is very tight in several places. Therefore obstructed above. Thought it was Hirschsprung disease, but that test came back negative.
* Has light reflux
The doctors are now very uncertain what to do next. We are scared and nervous.
All tips and considerations deeply appreciated.