Discussions By Condition: Headache

What could be causing our headaches?

Posted In: Headache 11 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 13, 2007
  • 00:33 PM

My sister, my boyfriend and I all live together in a house built 85 years ago. We just moved in around the beginning of December. Within the last two weeks, we all three have been waking up every single morning with tremendous headaches. The three of us are all experiencing the same type of headache. Now, our headaches are beginning to last all day and night too. The pain is in the temporal lobes and in the front of the head. Please help if you know what could be causing this. Also, my five year old daughter lives with us and she does not have these headaches.... or at least she doesn't complain of them at all.

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

  • Mold? Mildew? I have heard of these symptoms from new carpets as well. New carpets have huge amounts of chemicals that outgas for over a year..if it is glued-down even worse chemicals release from the glue. If no relief I would contact the real estate associations/ renters rights we site to learn if you can break the lease you may have based on toxic concerns. I would move immediatly-home should be a safe haven, not a health killer..in my humble opinion.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 14, 2007
    • 06:40 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • You need the home inspected for toxic chemicals like mold, carbon monoxide, and radon ASAP!
    Azaral 152 Replies
    • February 14, 2007
    • 07:09 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Carbon monoxide from the furnace would the biggest concern, not mold or radon. See your doctor and have a blood test for methemoglobin.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 07:36 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • carbon monoxide would be my first concern,too.try a few nights without the boiler.hot water bottles work just fine!see what that does.but dont let experimentation delay getting the system properly inspected.if it comes up o.k.,check the locations of other flues in the immediate area,if any. co is colourless and tasteless .so you dont know if it is killing you.it will kill you very easily if you disrespect it.the most important thing is the life of your daughter. is there another house she could sleep in until you get to the bottom of this?i take it she sleeps in a different room.not good enough.a change of wind direction could cause the co to end up in her room instead .if it isnt co,at least it isnt something that will kill you all quickly!you may have a chance to track it down by sherlock holmes tactics.but i think it is probably co. find out about it!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 08:23 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • By all means get an expert to test for the substances mentioned immediately. Also, you should *immediately* buy carbon monoxide detectors at a hardware store, turn them on, and see if they react. Buy at least two and put one in the bedroom, the other in the basement. If they go off, leave!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 09:17 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • In addition to the other posted replies, there is a website by Raymond Francis. He also wrote a book, Never Be Sick Again. You are either experiencing a massive deficiency or toxicity to something, or both. New rugs, furniture, paint, etc....
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 06:59 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • everyone please buy carbon monoxide detectors,I lost 2 loves ones to carbon monoxide poisoning,and if it can happen to me,it can happen to YOU.If you only have $50.00,spend it on a carbon monoxide detector!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 06:47 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • I agree with all the posts, especially MOLD, it can be deadly!!!!! Since the house is so old, test for lead based paint too. If it is an oil furnace, make sure it has not built up hard resiue inside. This happened to us and we woke up with black residue inside/around our noses. This was the only way we knew about it. Since then my whole family, especially our boys have had numerous health issues! If you are worried about the cost for all of these tests, try your Social Services office or Health Department for assisatnce or advice on where to go to get finaicial aid to help you. Toxins can be everywhere and you not know it. An air purifier may also help. Best of Luck!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Since you just moved in I assume you have been cleaning with numerous cleaners and chemicals. Many times when you mix cleaners thay give off toxic fumes. I learned this the hard way after we bought a vacant house and I was cleaning everything in site. Within 2 days I had migraines that continued til my husband washed everything down with good old soap and water- many times!!! good luck!
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I know this response is a long time after the original question/need, but this is in case some one is looking through for help. I've suffered from migraines since I was 14. I had this same problem in 2 different homes in two different states! We thought my migraines were just getting worst. But then, in the first home we got the air ducts cleaned. The headaches stopped within 24 hours! When this started again in the second home we immediately got the air ducts cleaned. It really helped, but not like the first time. After a mold inspection we found out we had 2 types everywhere. This time we replaced all the carpet, cleaned EVERYTHING hard with bleach solutions, pulled off paper wallpaper and painted walls, curtains and ALL furniture were steam cleaned, chimney was cleaned, air ducts clean. We thought for sure this was it. It helped more, but we found out the attic had these 2 molds all in it. So, short of rebuilding the home.............. But, at least I was functional again, and blessedly my job reassigned us elsewhere in the state. Were getting the air ducts cleaned next week!
    Princess Momma 11 Replies
    • September 20, 2008
    • 03:35 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • I agree def sounds like a mold issue
    Rooster427 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

    Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

    8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

    Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.