Discussions By Condition: General well-being

Chronic night sweats

Posted In: General well-being 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 23, 2010
  • 06:21 AM

Im 20 years old, male from new zealand. As of the last month i have had a rapid increase in night sweats, ive had them maby 4-5months but its at the stage were each night i have to sleep in towls because i wake up literaly a pool of sweat mainly from my chest down but not my forehead. im starting to sweat during the day now too. Before the sweats came on i hardly ever perspirated. i often have fatigue, dizzy spells, constant shaking (mild). i dont know if these are related but i also have a lump on the tubes going to my testicals (in the scrotum) and also ive got very very patchy facial hair (the only place my hair doesnt grow properly.) what could be causing this?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • With the fatigue, dizzy spells and shakiness, it sounds like hypoglycemia or low blood sugar. If this be the case, when you feel the shakiness, eating fruits or hard candy should help raise the blood sugar. For the night sweats, try eating something closer to bedtime. Peanuts or peanut butter seem to keep the blood sugar up longer. But if your allergic to peanuts do not try that. Fruits should help too. Not sure on the your other symptoms tho. http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/h/hypoglycemia/intro.htm
    gr8tful 175 Replies
    • November 6, 2010
    • 04:50 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks I'm glad to find your site. Aside from suffering from night sweats and cold sole my father was misdiagnosed from severe brain injury. After many tests, finally a right diagnosis came out. He's been suffering from Alzheimer, and we as his family really find it hard to cope with his symptoms. It's hard specially that his memory, judgment, and thinking are becoming impaired. We really give lots of time and effort to be able to adopt in the situation. Lately we are informed about some activities about National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month. We are looking forward for a great activities that could give my father a wonderful experience.
    greniaL 1 Replies
    • November 8, 2010
    • 08:16 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • You may want to see a urologist or other doctor for the lump. If you are having hypoglycemic episodes... that may be a symptom of something else. Especially if it started in the past few months.
    gr8tful 175 Replies
    • November 9, 2010
    • 06:19 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.