Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

help with my child

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 29, 2010
  • 10:13 PM

I have daughter who is ten. She has not been able to eat since dec. 2009. I have been to several doctors and alot of doctors want nothing to do with us. I have went to everyone possible in SC and have gotten nowhere. She has a port in and is getting TPN for food. I am wondering how do you find a doctor who is willing to take the time to hash out her symptoms and not throw there hands up when it gets to hard? I have been told this is unknown and we will just have to deal with it. I am not taking that for a answer. So i need to know how you search out doctors who are acutally willing to look for the answer? She can't eat due to the severe pain, nasusea, vomiting. the pain comes and goes even when she is not eating but gets worst when she trys to eat. we have notice it cycles and one part of the cycle it seem like her whole GI system just shuts done, when some of her fi is working she gets feed through a NJ tube, its been awhile since we have gotten to do that. We are in the hospital alot due to all her problems and i am tried of being told to deal with it and not ask what it is just treat the symptoms. thjey say some times in medicine you not get a answer but this child is to young not to have a answer. So if anyone knows of a good place to take someone for GI problems please let me know. thank you Karen

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Have you tried a gastroenrologist (sp)? Also has she had her gallbladder checked?
    Kthornton79 1 Replies
    • August 30, 2010
    • 03:25 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.