Hi everyone, here is my case:
- I have had many episodes of abdominal pain; they occur around 3 month apart, and always last around 48 hours. This has been the case for more than 4 years if not more.
- The pain center seems to be in the lower abdomen (that area feels tender when touched) but the pain is also present in the belly area.
- Last doctor I saw diagnosed constipation and indicated something might be wrong in the bowel movement leading to stool staying inside (although I do have a relatively regular bowel movement during the episode).
- Couple of years ago, I had 2 consecutive episodes of Pericarditis (was diagnosed as Idiopathic then) that were around 4 months apart.
- I am from middle eastern origin, but as far as I know there isnt anyone in my immediate family who suffers from these symptoms.
So, do I have Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF) and how can i definitely diagnose it?
Thanks for helping!