Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Diagnostic Tests

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Steve500
  • December 21, 2006
  • 01:05 AM

I have had gastro problems for years....reflux and regular growth of colon polyps.

My mother died of Linitis Plastica (Scirrhous Gastric Cancer) and I understand that a echoendoscopic (endoscopic ultrasound EUS) exam is the best way to diagnose this disease since it allows for analysis of the thickness of the stomach wall.

Am I correct on this and if so does anyone know a good place to have this done? I live near Albuquerque which I think has that capability but I prefer to go where they have experience with this technique.

My current symptoms are unexplained pain under left ribs about two inches below and to the left of the nipple...made worse immediately after eating but there essentially all the time. My PPI's seem to completely control my reflux.


Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • check for parasites, helibactor or dientomoeba fragis.check on web, some good info.some parasites eat into and destroy the gastric wall and damage the bowel and stomachgreat smokie labs do a special stool test with a fixitive agent to check for DF.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • December 30, 2006
    • 10:17 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.