Please, I'm desperate. I'll get right to it.
I'm a 23 year old female and I cannot figure out what is wrong. No doctors will help me put the pieces of my case together. Here goes:
- I have really bad abdominal distention after eating, even small amounts
- i crave carbs/sweet things and live almost exclusively on cereal/baked goods
- i eat very low fat/calorie and run almost 60 miles a week, yet have gained about 20 lbs in the past few months. i many times put on 7 or 8 lbs in a matter of a few days, despite monitering my calories
- i have not had a period in about 2 years, although i am a healthy weight (actually higher than i need to be since i've gained so much weight so fast)
- i get a really rapid heartrate after eating/get really hot
I have seen a GI specilist and had tons of tests done. The only thing that was revealed was that my pancreas was slightly damaged so I have been taking Pancrease enzymes every time I eat for almost a year. This cut down on the nausea/vomiting episodes I used to have, but has not stopped the pain/distension/fullness and weight gain. My amylase and lipase are also continually mildly elevated and have been elevated constantly for almost a year. Is this bad? What could be causing all of this?
Please I need help. I'm at my whits end and cannot live like this. I can't find a doctor who is willing to look at everything. Please help!