Discussions By Condition: Gallbladder conditions

Can you help

Posted In: Gallbladder conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: cleghorn
  • October 6, 2007
  • 10:33 AM

I am suffering from pain on right side under my ribs and on my back at this area which worsens with eating food pain seems to go up under my arm and into my shoulder blade. I am very nausious and am having terrible spells of shivering its like the inside of me is freezing despite heat around me on the outside of body, i also have spells where i feel really clammy and am sweating behind nape of neck and under arms to the degree these areas are soaking. I feel the pain constantly although it is bearable until i either eat or move around a lot and i dont feel too great.
I have attended the dr with this problem on and off over last 5yrs had gallbladder scan that showed nothing but 3wks ago this started up again and its the worst its ever been have been seen by my dr who is convinced i have an infection in gall bladder so i was given a weeks course of antibiotics during which time i felt terrible but on the last day of the antibiotics i started to fell a bit better. I felt not too unwell for around a week although i had a strange sensation in the area where i was getting the pain before then it kicked in again this time worse than ever dr gave me an injection for pain but 3 days later i was really unwell with syptoms above again. I have been given another course of antibiotics and am struggling with eating coping mainly with only soups my bowels have only moved once. The pain seems to be flaring up during the night now along with the sweats but i dont appear to have a temperature does anyone know what is my problem?? I am waiting another scan to see if its the gallbladder but dont know how much longer i can take this severe pain would appreciate your advise.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • I am having some of the same symptoms you are. When I asked my Dr. about the gallbladder, (if it could show normal on tests on some occaisions but there still be a problem?) My Dr. said "yes". There are other tests for gallbladder disease other than ultra-sound and the Hyda (sp?) scan which can be done. Ask your Doctor if you could have testing on your gallbladder during one of your bad episodes. Also, if you have not done so yet as about having your liver and pancreas checked as well. Blessings.
    Harvard 20 Replies
    • October 29, 2007
    • 03:04 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.