Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

please help! Vaginal ulcer

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 6, 2007
  • 11:40 AM

Hi, for a year and a half i've had two vaginal ulcers right under the opening of my vagina, i've been to the GUM clinic who then reffered me to a Dermotologist who then referred me to a Gynacologist, i've been on 5 different types of cream and medication in this time and today i saw my gynacologist who told me there was nothing she could do for me.

She cant perform surgery as the skin around that area is too tight and will just cause further problems. She's suggested keeping the area clean with vasaline and using diallators to relax the area, but i know this techniques are not going to be very effective. I'm really at a loss, my confidence has plumated, i feel really e-feminant and because i'm at an age where sex is very important (18) it is just making matters worse, i'm beginning to feel really depressed as a result of it, i've tried having sex a few times but its just too painful. Is there anything you can suggest that might help? Thank you so much. Elli x

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • I'm shocked there's no treatment plan for you. Seems like there's a pill to cure anything these days. I would be very careful having sex when you do, since there's an open sore right there your probably suseptible to more infections. I don't know what to tell you except use condoms for protection and some k-y jelly to help ease the pain. i don't know how your supposed to enjoy the quality of sex with this problem. Can you get a second opinion??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 03:32 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?