Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

help me?

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 18, 2007
  • 09:05 PM

okay about a month or two ago i had a zit(it think) on my pubic area. it went away but i can feel like a hard spot under my skin where it was. and it seem to be going deeper. like its kinda harder to feel, but it's still there. there is no pain what so ever.

and ideas?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • Worth getting your doc to check this out. There are a couple of possible explanations depending on how large this hardened area is and its appearance.This might just be a pore whose sebaceous gland is clogged (sebum is the oil secreted by the pore). When this happens the pore swells up and fills with this cheesy secretion from the gland and thus feels hard. Sometimes, there is a black head to the clogged pore. There is usually no pain if there is no infection in the pore or gland. Usually no harm is done to let it go. Over time, however, the lump may grow bigger as the cyst fills with the secretion and becomes bigger. I've had one like this on my back for years. If you are worried about it your physician can excise the whole pore with a scalpel and stitch you up - no recurrence after that (except perhaps in another pore somewhere else :) ).The other explanation for a hardened sore in the pubic area is possibly a syphilitic chancre. But if you are not sexually active, or do always use protection if you are active, then you shouldn't be as worried about this possibility.If you are worried, do get it checked out.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • December 24, 2007
    • 07:25 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • better get blood tested for herpes 2 and a pap..have a doctor look at it..
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.