Ok, this is a very long story....but I'll try to keep it as short as possible. Here's the background:
GERD - severe and uncontrolled - diagnosed 2005
Grave's Disease - hyperthyroidism, and affected eyes - diagnosed 2010
- I could sleep all day if you let me
- I consistently exercise...and yet I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere
Unexplained weight gain, especially around abdomen
- with the Grave's disease last year, I lost a significant amount of weight, after treatment I returned to normal. In the past 6 months or so, I started to gain weight at a rate of 2-3 lbs/week. I am now 40lbs above where I have ever been in my life. I also have dark purple, large stretch marks, mostly on my hips. My diet has not changed, and I am actually exercising more
Hand and arm tremors
- I get a lot of shakiness in my hands and arms, especially when I exercise
Jittery, agitated feeling
- I just don't feel like myself anymore. I can't sleep at night...I have a hard time falling asleep and I keep waking up. I feel like my moods are on a roller coaster
There's lots more, but we'll start with that!
I just recently saw a new doctor who ordered a morning serum cortisol test. It came back as 573.8 (normal range is 138-635). What I want to know...is could these symptoms be from high cortisol? Should I ask for additional testing or is it not worth pursuing? Also, any other suggestions? I'm at a loss of where to go next, as I just don't feel like I'm actually getting anywhere anymore! Thanks everyone!
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?