Ok, this is a very long story....but I'll try to keep it as short as possible. Here's the background:
GERD - severe and uncontrolled - diagnosed 2005
Grave's Disease - hyperthyroidism, and affected eyes - diagnosed 2010
- I could sleep all day if you let me
- I consistently exercise...and yet I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere
Unexplained weight gain, especially around abdomen
- with the Grave's disease last year, I lost a significant amount of weight, after treatment I returned to normal. In the past 6 months or so, I started to gain weight at a rate of 2-3 lbs/week. I am now 40lbs above where I have ever been in my life. I also have dark purple, large stretch marks, mostly on my hips. My diet has not changed, and I am actually exercising more
Hand and arm tremors
- I get a lot of shakiness in my hands and arms, especially when I exercise
Jittery, agitated feeling
- I just don't feel like myself anymore. I can't sleep at night...I have a hard time falling asleep and I keep waking up. I feel like my moods are on a roller coaster
There's lots more, but we'll start with that!
I just recently saw a new doctor who ordered a morning serum cortisol test. It came back as 573.8 (normal range is 138-635). What I want to know...is could these symptoms be from high cortisol? Should I ask for additional testing or is it not worth pursuing? Also, any other suggestions? I'm at a loss of where to go next, as I just don't feel like I'm actually getting anywhere anymore! Thanks everyone!