Discussions By Condition: Endocrine conditions

14 year old - extreme back and front pain

Posted In: Endocrine conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 3, 2006
  • 11:09 AM

Since April of this year I have been experiencing extreme pain in my lower back (mainly on the right side, but it does affect both) and at the same time, pain in my front, around where the hem of underwear goes on normal hipster underwear.
The pain is totally unbearable and at it's worst has lasted for 2 hours. The pain is so bad I was screaming and crying.
I began menstruating mid last year, and the pain comes all the time, not just around my period.
I have notced my stomach rumblings are waay louder than they were before, and I have diahorrea a lot.
I have been to the doctor and she believed it was something to do with my ovulation cycle and prescribed me with Naprosyn 750 (painkillers) and Yasmin which is a contraceptive. (This was to regulate my ovulation or something)
Neither of these are working and I have been on them for about 2 months now.
I have had blood, urine and ultrasound tests done, all showing up normal.
Please help me, I can't live this way anymore.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • When does the pain come? Is it constant? random? Does it come right before you need to use the bathroom (where you then have diarrhea)? Glad you have had a lot of basic testing done. Have you ever had food allergies? Ever been tested? Any run in your family? I know for example that cow milk allergy usually causes swelling of the intestines (which is very painful) followed by diarrhea or in some cases constipation.2 of my children have been blood tested for food allergies and have a lot of them. Food allergies can affect any of 4 systems including: neurological, gastro-intestinal, skin and respiratory.other thoughts I had were kidneys -infection, stones, ect... but I guess you had ultrasounds done and blood work, so I don't know.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • November 14, 2006
    • 05:34 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • you need to see a endocronologist!Research acromegal and cushings
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 07:29 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.