Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Blisters on gums and in cheeks

  • Posted By: susanne
  • August 12, 2007
  • 04:53 PM

Has anyone ever heard of someone suffering from this? The disease is called Bullousa Pemphegoid and can also appear on your body. I have tried steroid injections and creams, but nothing has helped.They appear udually white, but sometimes looks like a blood blister.I would really like to hear from someone who can telll me they have it, or know someone who does.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • hi, sometimes i get blister like thing in my mouth..i just pop them..and then im ok .. doues it sound like the thing you have?
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • November 7, 2007
    • 05:20 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Susanne,If I may ask, how did you get your pemphigoid diagnosis? Specifically, I'm wondering if your physician performed tests, or if he simply recognized it by sight. If there were tests, what were they?I think I may have pemphigoid and I want to confirm it or rule it out through clinical testing-- not just a doctor's glance and opinion.
    TenseBulla 10 Replies
    • February 17, 2008
    • 02:11 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Hi thereMy dentist referred me to an oral pathologist who took a biopsy of one of my blisters. She didn't really help me with anyhting she did. I am now to see a dermatologist which my family doctor has referred me to. I dont see her untill March 12 th. I hear through much research online that is where most people are referred as it is not really a mouth dicease. There is a really good site to visit online, cant remember the name. You cant email me if you like and I will be happy to give it to you. Hope everything works out for you.withalessing@yahoo.ca
    susanne 3 Replies
    • February 20, 2008
    • 11:14 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.