Discussions By Condition: Ear conditions

Anyone a leak in the inner ear or perilymph fistula?

Posted In: Ear conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 1, 2010
  • 02:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

My ENT believes that I have fluid in my right inner ear or perilymph fistula that may need to be repaired surgically. In the meantime he wants me to take a diuretic to stabilize the fluid in my ear.

My symptoms are hearing loss in right ear, and imbalanced, unsteady and sometimes queasy feeling.

My questions are:

1. Can anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area recommend a highly experienced specialist for inner ear issues?

2. If you have had surgery for this condition, can you please share your experience?

3. If you used a diuretic such as Lasik for this condition can you please share you experience with it?

Thanks so much for your help

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?