How to treat diabetes is a big question…
Diabetes is a serious disease (sometimes it is called condition). It is caused by functional disorders in the human organism. As a result of the disease, the level of sugar in blood of a patient becomes extremely high.
Let’s consider the symptom of the disease:
- thirst (uncontrollable and torturous);
- frequent urinating (especially during the night hours);
- tiredness (up to extreme levels);
- losing weight (muscles, in particular).
Diabetes affects millions of people around the globe; that is why treating the disease become very topical nowadays.
Diabetes treatment (in UCTC and in other clinics) depends on the type of the disease. As you may know, there are two types of it:
- Diabetes of the first type is the disease of young people and even children. Due to this it is called sometimes “a juvenile form of diabetes”. The main characteristic of the condition is that no insulin is produced in the organism of a person. Because of the lack of this important hormone sugars and everything can not be converted into energy.
- Diabetes of the second type is the condition when insulin is produced in the organism but one of the two problems occur: either the production of the hormone is not enough, or the cells of the human organism are unable to react to the hormone.
For doctors of UCTC diabetes treatment is the main professional task that is always fulfilled up to the mark. But the fact that diabetes cannot be cured is significant point.
Diabetes of the first type is treated by insulin-injections. It lets people live a normal life.
Diabetes of the second type is usually treated just to keep the level of sugar in blood up to the norm. It is important to reach control over the symptomatic features of the disease and to minimize the risk of complications in future.