A natural component found in grapes. Resveratrols responsibility is mainly to protect the fruit against fungus, but over the years research indicated that in humans it has a number of beneficial effects. Resveratrol comes from the root and stems of the giant Knotweed, and is found in red wine — and is thought to be the reason red wine is so beneficial to the heart. New studies add to the mounting evidence that resveratrols abilities may reach beyond protecting the heart. The results obtained confirm that resveratrol.
Resveratrol, a plant constituent enriched in the skin of grapes, is one of the most promising agents for the prevention of cancer. However, the mechanism of the anti-carcinogenic activity of resveratrol is not well understood. Here we offer a possible explanation of its anti-cancer effect. Resveratrol suppresses tumor promoter-induced cell transformation and markedly induces apoptosis,
Resveratrol is found in the skin of grapes and in red wine and is conjectured to be a partial explanation for the French paradox, the puzzling fact that people in France tend to enjoy a high-fat diet yet suffer less heart disease than Americans.
BENEFITS of Resveratrol
Resveratrol is an excellent antioxidant that may provide nutritive support for heart and cardiovascular health.
• Increase blood flow and reduce the extent of brain cell damage following stroke
• Reduce the activity of brain inflammatory mediators in a model of Alzheimer’s disease
• Reduce vascular plaque formation in rats given a high-fat diet
• Improve the rate of healing in skin wounds
• Protect against lipid oxidation in a model of pancreatitis
• Protect against cellular pathology in a model of diabetic kidney disease
• Protect against liver damage in a model of cholestasis or bile duct occlusion
• Protect against cartilage deterioration in a model of osteoarthritis
• Stimulate anti-clotting mechanisms in blood
• Suppress appetite and in turn contribute to weight control or loss
• Enhance sperm production
• Inhibit formation of cataracts
• Inhibit proliferation of the herpes simplex virus
• Prolong the lives of yeast cells, worms, fish and fruit flies, possibly through mechanisms that affect aging via slowing the rate of cell death
Feel free to contact me if you have more questions:
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?