Regularly testing your blood glucose level is a very important part of managing diabetes helps measure the effectiveness of your meal plan, physical activity and medications.
To self-test your blood glucose, you need a a test strip and a lancing device, blood glucose meter. Then, follow these basic steps:-
1. Wash and dry your hands. Using warm water may help increase the blood flow to your fingertips.
2. Follow the instructions included with your lancing device to get a drop of blood which normally include shaking your hands below the wrist or gently squeezing your finger a few times to help.
3. Apply the blood drop to the test strip as directed.
4. Wait a few seconds to view your results.
5. Dispose of the lancet and test strip in the proper manner.