Regularly testing your blood glucose level is a very important part of managing diabetes helps measure the effectiveness of your meal plan, physical activity and medications.
To self-test your blood glucose, you need a a test strip and a lancing device, blood glucose meter. Then, follow these basic steps:-
1. Wash and dry your hands. Using warm water may help increase the blood flow to your fingertips.
2. Follow the instructions included with your lancing device to get a drop of blood which normally include shaking your hands below the wrist or gently squeezing your finger a few times to help.
3. Apply the blood drop to the test strip as directed.
4. Wait a few seconds to view your results.
5. Dispose of the lancet and test strip in the proper manner.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?