I'm hoping to get some answers to this problem that my 2 year old son has. He is abnormally small for his age - small head, small trunk, small hands and feet, etc. He does not seem to be growing normally, but the doctors he has been to seem to think he is just a small kid, and have done few tests. I have three other children and they are all on the top end of the growth spectrum for their age group - tall, well built, etc. My 10 month old already seems to weigh more than my 2 year old and also has a bigger head. My 2 year old has had a thyroid test and one came back high. The doctor didn't seem to think this was a problem. She also thought my 10 month had a different father because of the vast size difference and skin tone. Here are the symptoms/attributes my little boy has:
• small stature/failure to thrive
• pale skin, doesn't change in the sun
• very fussy eater, goes through a cycle of not wanting to eat much at all, have tried pediasure
• dual hair that seems to be thinning in places, almost a little brittle
• a visible gray ring in the sclera of eye
• very intelligent for age, very sociable (already knows a good part of the alphabet)
• suffered a kidney condition in utero in which a valve was reversed, that doctor said was "fixed" right before birth. Also semi severe jaundice following birth.
Any and all in out is welcome.