Discussions By Condition: Common conditions

Doctor Recommended

Posted In: Common conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 28, 2006
  • 02:58 PM

I am looking for a doctor that can help my husband who has been overwieght since a child. I want to help but I'm unsure what type of doctor treats this condition. We want help but don't know where to turn...Help

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • He needs to see a nutritionist and personal trainer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2006
    • 04:04 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Have your husband tested for insulin resistance. If he is very overweight and finds it difficult to loose the pounds, he could have Syndrome X that effects 80 million Americans in that country alone. Exercise will not move much of the weight if he is Syndrome X, as he needs to be on the right diet for that syndrome, remember all those overweight people who nearly starve themselve with practically no results to show, it is because they are more than likely SX. Check out www.womentowomen.com website, i know it is for women, but it explains well what syndrome X or formally metabolic syndrome is. And then visit other sites. Syndrome X needs a low carb, high protein diet.All the best.searchingsam.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2006
    • 10:32 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?