Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

Is this a heart issue??

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Starley**
  • July 21, 2007
  • 03:24 PM

So I was hiking at about 9,000 feet, and I have lived and hiked here for several years. However on the last hike I went on my hands went tingly, I had a sharp pain from the front of my neck to the back of my head. I also vomited and came very close to passing out. I managed to get back to my house but had a headache for the rest of the day and felt very fatigued the next day. Anyone know what happened?? Is this a coronary issue? Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Sounds like some kind of pulmonary/heart issue because you have decreased oxygen level symptoms.Do a search on the web under high altitude, low pulse oxygen and see what you come up with.Your symptoms remind me of what happens when you're exposed to carbon monoxide.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.