Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

Former truck driver might have gotten Carbon Monoxide

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Systor
  • May 12, 2007
  • 11:53 AM

Hello, I'm a former truck driver, and I was wondering if anyone out there reading this has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning? About 6 years ago, I believe I was poisoned over the course of a summer while driving a rig over the road. In the first three weeks, I developed slurred speech, memory problems, and confusion. I kept driving the same truck for the next three months, but my symptoms didn't worsen. They didn't improve, either, though.

Also, I installed a CO detector in the truck during that time. It never went off during that three months.
After I got off the truck, I developed severe headaches that were centered in a spot on the top of my head. My short term memory was pretty much non-existent for several months, then gradually got better, altough it's still not 100% six years later.
I have circulation problems as well. In cold weather my hands and feet will turn purple, yet they don't ache or turn numb on me.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • Hello, I AM A FISH N CHIPSHOP OWNER OVER THE PAST 6 MONTH MY STAFF AND I HAVE SUFFERED NUMEROUS HEALTH PROBLEMS. WE DISCOVERED NUMEROUS GAS LEAKS INSHOP. GOT THEM FIXED BUT NOW STILL SUFFER FROM TIGHT CHEST, FATIGUES AND HEAD ACHES THE CONCENTRATION AND MEMORY HAS IMPROVED .A ITTLE STILL FEELS LIKE WE ARE BREATHING SOMETHING NOT RIGHT!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS???
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hello, I'm a former truck driver, and I was wondering if anyone out there reading this has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning? About 6 years ago, I believe I was poisoned over the course of a summer while driving a rig over the road. In the first three weeks, I developed slurred speech, memory problems, and confusion. I kept driving the same truck for the next three months, but my symptoms didn't worsen. They didn't improve, either, though. Also, I installed a CO detector in the truck during that time. It never went off during that three months.After I got off the truck, I developed severe headaches that were centered in a spot on the top of my head. My short term memory was pretty much non-existent for several months, then gradually got better, altough it's still not 100% six years later.I have circulation problems as well. In cold weather my hands and feet will turn purple, yet they don't ache or turn numb on me.Raynaud's Syndrome is a possibility on your hands and feet turning purple. And since that is an autoimmune disease I'd look into the possibility that your other symptoms are from an autoimmune disease as well.Does anyone in your family have a history of autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto's or Addisons or Diabetes?The short term memory loss, headaches, confusion, and slurred speech are all sx's of thyroid disease. And Hashimoto's is one of the common forms and it is an autoimmune disease.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hello, I'm a former truck driver, and I was wondering if anyone out there reading this has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning? About 6 years ago, I believe I was poisoned over the course of a summer while driving a rig over the road. In the first three weeks, I developed slurred speech, memory problems, and confusion. I kept driving the same truck for the next three months, but my symptoms didn't worsen. They didn't improve, either, though. Also, I installed a CO detector in the truck during that time. It never went off during that three months.After I got off the truck, I developed severe headaches that were centered in a spot on the top of my head. My short term memory was pretty much non-existent for several months, then gradually got better, altough it's still not 100% six years later.I have circulation problems as well. In cold weather my hands and feet will turn purple, yet they don't ache or turn numb on me.I to have suffer from chronic carbon monoxide poisoning. I have all the symptoms you have mentioned and more. It has been very frustrating getting any medical help. I have found that I have numerous chemical and food allergies due to the poison. CO alarms and detectors only go off at fatal levels they do not protect you from illness only death. Check with Occupational Medicine they might be able to refer you to a Doctor that is familiar with toxins and poisons. I have had more lab tests, x-rays and numerous Doctor appointments with each Doctors famous words "I don't know". Is there any Doctors any more that does any follow up research? I had been to the Doctor numerous times before our CO Alarm went off. I a lucky to be alive to talk about it. Doctors do not diagnose or treat patients for toxins or poisons they are not trained. Environmental engineers and toxicologists are. I too have Raynauds from the CO poison (white to purple to red hands when they get cold). I have learned that I have to protect myself from other toxins, gas operated appliance, paints, perfumes, gas, food additives, flouride in toothpaste. I am on daily oxygen therapy, monthly B-12 injections (220 was my level) normal level are 200 - 900, Sublingual daily B complex vit, multi vit. epson salt baths, lots of liquids, lots of rest, Organic food. Try and live as much as toxic free living. We are in a toxic cocktail and first hand we know what the symptoms are. I wish a you a healthyer tomorrow.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • September 26, 2007
    • 04:17 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.