Here is an overview about the common observed causes of High blood pressure :
1. Narrowing of the arteries in the lungs is the noted to be one of the major causes of the pulmonary hypertension.
2. Blood clotting may result into pulmonary hypertension. The blood clotting in the lungs may result in the insufficient supply of the blood.
3. Genetic defect in the being noted in some people that means they have undeveloped arteries, which are narrow in size.
4. Scleroderma is the autoimmune disease that causes pulmonary hypertension in some cases. This disease adversely affect the blood vessels and connective tissues due to which the inadequate blood is supplied to the lungs.
5. HIV infection around the lungs disturbs the normal working of the lungs. The lungs are not able to provide the adequate amount of the blood.
6. Obstructive sleep apnea may result in the pulmonary hypertension. During the sleep apnea the human body is not able to get the required amount of oxygen. Oxygen is must for the proper working of the lungs.
7. Certain medications are being noted to cause pulmonary hypertension. Specifically the medications that acts as the stimulant are noted to adversely affect the functioning of the lungs.