Discussions By Condition: Brain conditions

What kind of doctor should I see for arachnoiditis diagnosis?

Posted In: Brain conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 28, 2010
  • 10:07 AM

I live close to a university hospital. I have all the symptoms for arachnoiditis, never even have heard the term before, but my pain has been a living ***l for me and my family for the last 20 years. First diagnosed with fibromyalgia 12 years or so ago. Pain started in lower back and eventually started down both legs, until about 5 years ago, neuropathy of feet so bad can only work part time, taking oxycontin until it didn't help anymore. Anyway, I haver had x-rays and mri's done of my back, had a lower back specialist say he couldn't do surgery onj because it was not genetic. I have no idea what the problem is, but I have been seeing a neurologist for years with no help. Where should I go to see if I have arachnoiditis?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?