I'm currently a Med student studying for the Boards. I am healthy young male. I just have a case to solve. Believe me this isn't a real patient's case; we just make up symptoms and see what type of results do we get. It's thinking/learning process that we do. So, here's a case:
1. 32 year old female with 2 children
2. Had issues with her spleen during her second child birth as well as extreme edema
3. No alcohol, no drugs, no BCP, no nothing
1. Easy Bruising and weird purple marks on her skin
2. Skin irritations and infections
3. Easy to catch ill, slow to recover
6. Weight gain
LAB RESULTS AND FINDINGS OF FURTHER TESTS:
1. Low WBC production, under 5,000uL
2. Low RBC production, don't know how low
3. Average life of her RBCs is 60 days
What I'm looking for? CML, AML, or Myelodysplastic syndromes?
Thank you so much!!!