After I was seen in the ER for a rash that I had developed the ER doctor said I had Poison Oak. The thing is I have no clue how I could have got it. And nobody else in my household developed any symptoms. i forgot to mention that I had been eating some mixed tree nuts over the weekend, I thought nothing of it because I have never had an allergy to tree nuts before. I did some research and I found out that Poison Oak, along with Poison Ivy, and Poison Sumac are all part of the Cashew family.
So can such an allergy come on even after you have eaten cashews before?