Discussions By Condition: Allergies

Allergic reaction to Birth control

Posted In: Allergies 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 21, 2007
  • 11:13 PM

When I was younger I was on birth control and ended up having a nasty reaction that involved swelling in my lower legs, as well as bruises as wide as my hand. It took like 8 docs before one finally figured it out, but now I have forgotten his diagnosis. What is this called? He called it something... he was a dermatoligist (sp?) so its probably a skin term :-/


Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • i started taking trifeme 9days ago.On Tuesday (8) days after i started taking my pill i have come out in a Hot red rash from head to toe.Day 2 of having this rash it has all joined up and looks like i am sunburnt, i also have an extremely swollen face mainly under my eyes its very fluidy.the doctor sent me home with polaramine and panadol this was yesterday- but they have not helped.any ideas?email mestorm_filled_eyes@hotmail.com
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • September 26, 2007
    • 05:38 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.